- 15 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 bottles champagne (about 10 cups)
- Ice mold
Puree the watermelon and the sugar together in batches and then transfer to a large pitcher. Place the mixture into the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
Prior to serving, pour the watermelon mixture into a punch bowl and then slowly add the champagne. Gently stir to combine and then add the ice mold.
Crushed watermelon punch
|Delicious and healthy drink with no added sugar.|
- 600 g Seedless Watermelon, skin removed, chopped
- 350 ml Orange Juice
- 2 cups Soda Water
Puree watermelon in a blender. Transfer to a jug with orange juice and soda water. Stir to combine.
Pour over crushed ice to serve.
Watermelon Cooler Punch
|This fruity, minty drink has summertime written all over it.|
- 3 cups coarsely chopped seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, chilled
- 32 oz. (4 cups) club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Watermelon wedges or balls (optional)
Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Strain watermelon puree through a fine mesh sieve; discard pulp.
In a large bowl combine sugar and mint. Using the back of a wooden spoon, lightly crush mint by pressing it against the side of the bowl. Add grape juice, lime peel, lime juice, and watermelon puree, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in club soda. Serve in glasses over ice. If desired, garnish with mint sprigs and watermelon wedges or balls. Serve immediately. Makes 9 servings.
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon, well chilled
- 1 1/2 fresh limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup rum (optional)
- Sugar (or your favourite sweetener), to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, diced into 1 in cubes. Set aside at least 6 1″x1″x5″ sticks of watermelon for garnish.
- 4-5 teaspoon lime and mint simple syrup1
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup silver tequila. We used Patron Silver. Only the best at Dinner Series. And, yes, it makes a difference.
In a blender, combine all ingredients except the tequila and blend until smooth.
Stir in the tequila. Set aside in fridge to keep cold.
Rim the glasses with kosher salt2
Place watermelon sticks and 3-4 cubs of ice in glass before pouring in cocktail.
Garnish with mint leaves.
- 1 small seedless watermelon (about 10 pounds)
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lots of ice cubes
- Pine nuts for garnish (optional)
Cut the watermelon about ? from the top and trim a little bit off the bottom to make it sit flat.
Have a large bowl ready and scoop out the insides with a melon baller or small spoon. Scrape out the remaining watermelon and reserve in a separate bowl.
Using a piece of cheesecloth, squeeze out the juice from the remaining watermelon into the bowl with the watermelon balls.
Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add ice and let cool for a few minutes.
When you're ready to serve, transfer the punch to the watermelon bowl, add more ice, and garnish with pine nuts if you wish.
Makes about 20 servings
Variations: If you want, you can add other fruits to the punch. Good options are cantaloupe, honeydew melon, strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, lychee, or Asian pears.
Note: Traditional hwachae is made with sugar syrup, which can be made by mixing equal amounts of sugar and water and heating the mixture over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.