|Recipe1: Curry Jaffels with cheddar !|
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1 tablespoon turmeric
• 1 tbsp masala
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 small tin (65 g) tomato paste
• 2 carrots, grated
• 500 g mince
• 1 can (425 g) mixed vegetables
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• butter for shortening
• 2 thick slices of bread per person
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion over low heat until glossy.
2. Add all the spices, seasonings, tomato paste and carrots and
Tip: This is a mild curry. For a little kick you can add chopped chillies.
- 8 slices of white bread...buttered
- For the White Sauce
- 2 tablsp butter
- 2 tablsp cake flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablesp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup of grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of gruyere cheese, grated
- some sage leaves
- some thinly sliced biltong...but you can use black forest ham
- Make the white sauce by melting the butter, add flour, mustard and cook out for about 2 mins. Add the milk and incorporate. Then add the gruyere and cook until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the cheese, sage, biltong on 4 slices of bread on the unbuttered sides. Put a big scoop of the cheese sauce in the middle of each. Then place the other slice of bread on top.
- Fry the bread on all sides until golden brown and the cheese starts to ooze!!!
Tip: You could even top it with a soft fried egg....