Antjie

Antjie

Monday 3 September 2012

Clinging to the Lord Alone!




CLINGING TO THE LORD ALONE
Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:12-13


"If only my circumstances were different, I would be so much happier, " we say.
We wish for a better job, house, or car. We complain about our looks, our limitations, our lot in life. Perhaps our marriage has encountered difficulties, our children make parenting a challenge, or our health is declining. Or perhaps our lives have been shattered in some truly unimaginable way and, in bewilderment, we cry out, "God, why did You allow this to happen to me?"

And what if we can't change our circumstance? that often leaves us feeling helpless. And hopeless. That's exactly where God wants us - at the point of total dependence upon Him. Only He can give us what it takes to persevere when life is terribly messed up.

Even when Paul was hungry and suffering, he could still say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Why? Because he had learned the power of letting go of all circumstances and clinging to God alone.