A ham slice is cut up and cooked with potatoes. An easy recipe for scalloped potatoes, and more recipes below.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
- 1 pound fully cooked ham slice, 1/2-inch thick
- 5 cup thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
Cut ham in bite-size cubes. Place half of the potatoes in a greased, shallow, 2-quart baking dish. Cover with ham pieces. Top with remaining potatoes. Combine soup with milk, onion, green bell pepper, and ground black pepper; pour over potatoes. Dot with butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove covering; bake 30 to 45 minutes longer, or until potatoes are done. If desired, sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over the top of scalloped potatoes the last 15 minutes of baking time.