Servings: 8 – 10
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 to 8 pieces
- 1 garlic clove (optional), pierced in the center with a knife
- bay leaf (optional)
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 quart (2 cups) whipping cream
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (or 10 oz can of mushrooms, drained)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill (fresh or frozen) – optional
How to Make: 1. Place potatoes into a medium pot and add enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
2. Add 3/4 tbsp salt, bay leaf and garlic clove
5. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet. Saute onions over medium-high heat, until they are soft and golden. Remove onions and set aside.
6. Add more oil as necessary and saute carrots over medium-high heat, until soft and golden. Remove carrots and set aside.
7. Saute mushrooms until lightly browned, adding more oil as necessary.
8. Pre-heat the oven Broiler
9. Mix onion, carrots and mushrooms in the same skillet until they are hot. Add dill and whipping cream and bring to a boil.
10. Pour sauce over potatoes.
11. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
12. Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.