Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: (Serves 6 )
- 3 corn cobs (You can also use 1 x 410g can of sweetcorn kernels instead of fresh corn)
- 140 g cake flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 100 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 T Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 T chives, chopped
- 1 t baking powder
- sea salt, to taste
- oil, to fry
- Cook the corn in boiling water until soft. Cut the corn off the cob.
- Mix together the flour, eggs, milk, cheese, herbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add the corn. Heat the oil in a saucepan until hot. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil.
- Cook until puffed up and golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Keep warm until ready to eat.