- 4 extra large eggs
- 375ml (315g) refined Castor sugar
- 250g butter or margarine
- 750ml (420g) cake flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml cream of tartar (kremetart)
- 2ml salt
- 250ml milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- +/- 625ml (200g) dried coconut
- 500ml (400g) sugar
- 125ml (65g) icing sugar
- 80ml (30g) cocoa
- 250ml water
- 45ml butter
- Beat the eggs and sugar, melt the butter and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt together. Add the milk and essence to the butter mixture. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into an oven pan of 34 x 24cm and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven of 180⁰C. Allow to cool and cut into squares.
Heat the ingredients to boiling point in a saucepan. Dip the squares in the chocolate icing and roll in the coconut.