prep: 20 min
total: 1 hr 40 min
What You will Need: (40 servings)
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 lb. lean ground pork/beef/mutton or chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 cup mashed unpeeled cooked potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- BEAT cream cheese spread and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition. Shape into ball. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- MEANWHILE, brown meat with onions in large saucepan. Stir in bouillon and spices. Remove from heat. Add potatoes; mix well. Cool completely.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use 3-inch cutter to cut dough into 40 rounds, rerolling dough scraps as necessary.
- SPOON 1-1/2 tsp. meat mixture onto center of each dough round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half; press edges together with fork to seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut small slits in tops to vent; brush with remaining egg.
- BAKE 18 to 20 min. or until golden brown.
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
This is a great make-ahead recipe. Assemble turnovers as directed; place on baking sheet and brush with egg as directed. Freeze until solid, then transfer to freezer-weight resealable plastic bag or freezer container. Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, place desired number of turnovers on baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, then bake as directed.
How to Cook and Mash the Potatoes
Cook (3/4 lb.) cut-up potatoes in boiling water 15 min. or until tender. Drain, then mash with potato masher or fork until smooth.
Use a food processor to prepare the dough instead of the mixer.