Antjie

Antjie

Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Potter And The Clay

by: Avie's Place

Jeremiah 18:1-8 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying: “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! “The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, “if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.”

“Am I not the potter and you are the clay, Child? Will the clay question the potter about what He is doing it it’s life? And yet My people have questioned Me in that way. My people have lived in prosperity without an understanding that I have given them all things richly to enjoy. They have given credit to themselves for the prosperity that comes only from Me. Am I not the One who gives you the power to get wealth? Did I not warn the Israelites to not forget Me when they entered into their Promised Land and experienced the abundance of goodness that I had provided for them? So it is with your people, My Child. They have forsaken Me for their own evil ways. I am the fountain of living water but they have hewed out cisterns of their own evil ways and have turned from Me to embrace the ways of the world. If only they would turn back to Me so they would not have to experience the calamity that awaits them. Turn back to Me, Child and I will once again pour out blessings upon your people, upon your nation. Turn to Me and allow Me to form you into a vessel of honor just as the potter forms the clay. Warn My people of the upcoming disaster and tell them to turn back to Me, the One true God. I will touch them and heal them and cause their land to once again be a light house for the hurting and the lost. Seek Me while there is still time.”

Oh Father, I pray that you will forgive us for turning from You and embracing the ways of the world. I confess our sins of idolatry, Father, in that we have worshiped the creature more than the Creator. Please forgive us, Father, and heal our land. Father, we are a nation founded upon You, upon Your godly principles. I pray that You will turn the eyes of our people back to You and cause us once again to be One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. Father, You have said that You hold the king’s heart in Your hand like the rivers of water and You turn it whichever way You want. I ask You to turn the heart of our President to You, Lord. Cause Him to choose Your ways to lead our nation. I pray for godly leaders to be placed around Him. Leaders that will seek Your face and offer godly wisdom to Him for our nation’s good. Father, I pray that You will once again reign supreme in the hearts of our people. I pray that You will forgive us for our ungodly ways and bring us back to You, Lord.


And now, father I pray that You will mold me and make me into the person that You want me to be. I pray that I might be as the clay in the potter’s hand. Lord, fashion my heart to seek You and serve You according to Your will. May my life be a reflection of You as You fashion me into the image of Jesus. Cause my life to be formed into a vessel of honor that You can flow through to touch the world to further Your kingdom and to benefit them for their eternal destiny. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.