Antjie

Antjie

Thursday 6 June 2013

A Prayer of Love...


A Prayer of Love ...

My Lord , 
I love You and my heart thrills at the thought that You love me. 
A Holy, Majestic, Omnipotent God loves me!
 If only I would keep this truth in my mind nothing else would matter. 
I would be able to love others and if they did not return
that love it would matter little for I would never feel lonely; 
my own heart would be filled to overflowing
with infinite Love. 
If I never forgot Your Love for me I would never fear
the future or failure for I would live in You and Your Love would be my
eternal success. 
My heart would always sing the songs of lovers and my mind be
filled with noble thoughts. 
My life would have purpose and death would be only the
meeting place of separated lovers. 
Ah, yes, my Lord, if only I would remember Your
infinite Love for me -- little me -- I would
have strength to climb the highest mountain
and courage to travel the most raging sea.
- Mother M. Angelica -