- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk (the good kind)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. butter, room temperature or margarine
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- approximately 1 cup heavy whipping cream (don’t measure it out)
- Red Pretzel M&Ms for the Cherries
Mix in the chocolate chips with spatula.
Divide evenly among 24 cupcake liners. Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool before frosting.
For the Buttercream:
Whisk together the shortening and butter or margarine until smooth.
Alternately add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and the liquids– whisking in between additions until smooth.
For the Hot Fudge:
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
Pour in the whipping cream until just barely level with the chocolate chips– you should still be able to see the chocolate chips.
Microwave for 60 seconds.
Whisk for 1-2 minutes until smooth and thick. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
Use a 1M tip to pipe buttercream on the cupcakes.
Spoon the chocolate over top each cupcake.
Top with an M&M and sprinkles.