Antjie

Antjie

Monday 10 June 2013

Praying for My Husband Monday


This week’s prayer will focus on my husband’s mind.

Lord, I pray that you would put a hedge of protection around my husband’s mind. I pray that you would give him discernment so that he will clearly hear your voice and not listen to the lies of satan. Lord, I pray that he would take captive every thought and make it obedient to you, Jesus.
Lord, I pray that my husband would love you with all his heart, soul, mind and strength and that he would hunger and thirst after your truth so that he would be able to discern wrong thinking and resist the lies and deception of the enemy. Lord, I pray that his mind would be controlled by the Spirit so that he would have life and peace. Give him a sound mind so that he will not harbor any confusing thoughts, nor be tempted with impure, evil, negative or sinful thoughts, but be transformed by the renewing of his mind.
Lord, may my husband be strong in you and in the power of your might. Help him to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let his requests be made known to you; and may your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard his heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Lord, I also pray that he would think on these things: whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, having virtue, or anything praiseworthy.
Lord, the same prayer above for my husband applies to me as well. Lord, I pray that I would not be negative and that I would be able to speak the truth in love. Lord, I pray that what I share with my husband is encouraging and uplifting. Continue to work in our lives so that we would glorify you in all we do.
                                                                            Amen.

Scriptures used:
2 Corinthians 10:5, Mark 12:30, Romans 8:6, Romans 12:2, Ephesians 6:10, Philippians 4:6-8.