Antjie

Antjie

Sunday 2 June 2013

Sometimes It’s OK…Not To Be OK!

by CHRISTINE SPENCER in BODY & MIND


“STRONG WOMEN wear their pain like stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it “. So true, right gals!

Who knows, as crazy as life goes, sometimes it hard to be true to who you are.
This weekend, I found to be at the mercy at one’s self. Cancer is a brutal, unforgiving force. Two years ago, May 5th, I loss my best friend, at the young age of 60, to Cancer. This day, I was NOT strong… I wept with sorrow, not only for my loss, yet, the loss one of the “strongest” women I have ever had the blessing of knowing.

You know one of those friends… that have impacted your life - from their sense of humor, to their sense of style, from their wisdom and their knowledge, from their kindness to their courage and strength. Cherie, was that to me. The lessons of love, loss, letting go, and finally moving forward seem to be some of the most powerful in life.
So, needless to say, I needed some perspective.

Most times, our minds are so engaged on being strong, it becomes routine. Even though we may look like we have it together, on the outside, the inside needs detoxing from time to time. As a woman, we can be the first to bring ourselves down and more often then not become our own worst enemy. We judge ourselves, criticize others and compare far to often.
It’s important that we detox and cleanse our minds from self-sabotaging (this includes flashbacks & negative self talk)!
I gave myself permission that I would allow myself to be in this funk for Sunday only. It’s OK…not to be OK!

However, be aware, how easy it is to continue in a pattern. Sometimes, we just have to be brave, dig deep, and shift our mind set.

So today, I stood and looked at my reflection in the mirror and had a conversation. As women…we can do that!

Here’s what works for me.
Imagine starting your day feeling rejuvenated and energized. Visualize taking 10 minutes out of your tight schedule to calibrate your mood and set your intention. These daily affirmations give me the strength, to make positive choices in my life, which helped me to detox my mind and body.
1. I am worthy of self respect and love.
2. Today, I am grateful for: (list 3 things).
3. I let go of all that I no longer need.
4. My past is done and I release it. I live in the present with happiness, love, and joy.
5. I have abundant energy and a strong healthy immune system.
6. I nourish myself with healing foods every day.

Harness the power of your mind to create your own transformation, no matter what you have going or have been through.

“You. Are. Amazing!! As. you. are.
Stronger than you know.
More beautiful than you think.
Worthier than you believe.
More loved than you can ever imagine.
Passionate about making a difference.
Fiery when protecting those you love.

Learning. Growing. Not alone. Warm. Giving. Generous. Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart. Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave.

And so, so, so.much.more.

Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You”

“Copyright: Tia Sparkles Singh http://www.yourlifeyourway.net