Antjie

Antjie

Wednesday 7 August 2013

She is My Mother


She is a woman

Who feeds, cuddles, and loves me.

The one who gave birth to me.

I’m her greatest fan.

She is my mother

Who loves my father,

Does anything for her children

And takes care of her grandchildren.

She is my best friend too,

Comforts me when I feel blue.

She is my best mother,

I couldn’t replace her with another.

She is a sweet and loving parent

Who cooks my favorite foods,

Does household chores

And looks after my grandparents.

She does multi tasks

And gives me anything I ask

Because for her,

I’m her wealth and power.

When I was a child,

She taught me how to fear God.

Sometimes, I found it awkward

But she would understand.

When I married my fiancee

She told me,

“Love your wife as your mother.”

Her advice I’d treasure forever.

Every now and then,

She would send an email.

She would always tell,

“I love you and I miss you son.”

She is my mother,

A wonderful mother

To her sons and daughter.

I am very proud of her.

- – - written by Alon Calinao Dy