Preheat oven to 180'C
Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
- 1 cup flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1tbs melted butter
- 1tbs smooth apricot jam
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together the sugar and egg. Then mix in the jam, butter and lemon juice/ vinegar.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until their tops are just starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven - and immediately pour a little sauce over each cupcake.
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 tbs butter
- 2tbs sugar
- 3tbs water
- 1 cup cream
- 115g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 250g mascarpone - from fridge
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whipping cream - from fridge
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 30 - 40 ml Amarula (depending on how boozy you want it!)
Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a mixer**, beat with the whisk attachment until it reaches piping consistency.
**The trick with making any whipped cream icing is.... to use a chilled bowl and whisk. They should be placed in the freezer for at least 20minutes before using.
I'd left mine in for about half an hour - it was so cold when I took it out, that my fingers stuck to it! But the icing whipped up to the right consistency in less than a minute. And it was definitely worth a few chilblains!
Pipe icing onto the cupcakes once they are cool.