Lemon Madeleines (recipe courtesy- all recipes)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- In a large bowl blend eggs and sugar add butter and blend well.
- On low speed, blend in flour, baking powder, lemon, vanilla.
- Cover bowl with towel and let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter and flour madeleine molds.
- Whisk batter then spoon into molds 3/4 full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from molds and cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar... and Enjoy!