Antjie

Antjie

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Naughty Brownies

Have you ever done something so bad, so wrong that you felt sinful? Like doing something that’s really, really unnecessary and you immediately fill up with regret. I did something horribly wrong that I can’t take back. I need punishment for introducing you to this overindulging dessert that I created in my naughty little kitchen today. I am sorry if your scale misbehaves in the morning. It’s my fault and I take full blame. I couldn’t help it. I needed a PB and Fudge fix and I needed it in a hurry. I shouldn’t have done it, I knew it was wrong especially with swimsuit Season upon us. Kind of like you shouldn’t go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. It’s just not a good idea. The first ingredient I abused was Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough. I spread the tube in a baking dish and stared at it. I knew it wasn’t meant to be baked this way but I love chocolate chip cookie dough and needed the entire tube immediately. But still, it wasn’t enough I needed more. I swiped a bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups from the pantry and unwrapped every one of them. I placed them each into the cookie dough and still I wasn’t satisfied. I painfully mixed up a batch of gooey, fudge brownies and poured it over top of both the candy and the cookie dough. I was bad. I’m sorry I did this too you. I know you will want to try it too. But wait, I’m not finished. This is so wrong. I Topped it off by sprinkling an entire bag of semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips. I know I’m dragging you down with me by sharing this sinful, over indulging , totally unnecessary fudgy, peanutty recipe that is simply to die for. I am mean. Ugh! I need another slice. 


Cookie dough pressed firmly in a baking dish

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups pressed into the cookie dough then covered in a layer of brownie batter.

Sprinkled with an entire bag of semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips.

Baked to perfection with just the right flavors are blended together. There are gooey parts, fudge parts, cream peanut butter parts..it’s just too good to not want more.



Sorry!
Naughty Brownies

Layers of chocolate chip cookie dough, brownies and reese's peanut butter cups sprinkled with chocolate and peanut butter chips baked together to perfection.

Naughty Brownies  (Yields 15)
Ingredients: 
  • 1 box Fugde brownie mix (betty crocker) 
  • 1 32 oz tube of pre made chocolate chip cookie dough (toll house) 
  • 1 bag of chocolate chip and peanut butter chip mix (nestle) 
  • 1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups (unwrapped) 
  • egg, water and oil called for in brownie recipe 
Instructions:
preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 glass casserole dish. Unwrap cookie dough and press firmly into the bottom of the glass dish. Place unwraped reese's peanut butter cups in rows of four to cover the length of the dish. Press down firmly into cookie dough. Mix up a batch of brownies ( any recipe or box mix will do) and pour over the reese's peanut butter cups. Tilt the pan gently from left to right to spread the brownie mixture evenly over top of each candy. Sprinkle with chips.
Bake for 50 minutes rotating pan halfway. Check for doneness by placing a toothpick in the middle of the pan. It will not come out totally clean like a cake but if you wiggle the pan and the middle seems too liquidy still, you have to bake it a little longer. When the pan is resting on your counter to cool it will continue to cook in the middle so it doesn't have to be totally baked in the oven prior to removing. You don't want to burn the edges. Cool completely before cutting.

Notes:  use any chocolate candy or chips that you like. To get a clean slice, refrigerate before cutting. 


By Buttercream Bakehouse
- See more at: http://buttercream-bakehouse.com/2013/05/naughty-brownies.html#sthash.NbJJ8QHO.dpuf